One of the difficulties encountered when writing a resume for an internship is that the applicant typically doesn’t have a lot of work experience. The following free resume templates will enable you to focus on others aspects of your resume in order to show the employer why they want you for the internship.
Free Resume for Internship
Use the following resume templates to customize your internship resume. See tips on how to how to write a resume for internship below.
Internship Resume Sample – with no Work Experience
This internship resume is for someone with no work experience. If you have work experience then rather use the internship resume examples below.
Sample Resume for Internship – with Work Experience
How to write a resume for an internship
There is some information that must appear on your internship resume such as your name, school, education and expected graduation date.
Objective for resume internship
Include a career objective that will explain how you can help the company during your internship. Include the skills and traits that you would like to apply to the specific internship.
Most employers don’t spend more than a few seconds on each resume so your goal is to write a career objective that will keep them reading and not move on to the next resume in the pile.
When preparing a college internship resume the education section is of utmost importance. Since applicants typically don’t have a lot of work experience the education section will appear above the experience section. Include information such as your GPA (unless it is low) and a list of important and relevant courses.
If you won any awards in school then be sure to include them.
If you have not won any awards or don’t have any achievements then you can focus on projects that you participated in. You can also include any sport achievements or even club participation.
Even if your past experience is not very impressive you can still present your responsibilities in a way that shows your skills and traits such as initiative, ability to multi-task, motivation, etc.
Internship resume tips
- Include the internship that you are seeking at the top of the resume and/or cover letter. A company might offer different internships so you should make it clear which one you are interested in.
- Don’t focus on why you want the internship but rather on why you think the company should want you as an intern.
- If your extracurricular activities demonstrate traits such as leadership then you should include them as well.
- Keep your resume updated.
- If you are applying for various internships then personalize each resume to include the skills that you think that particular company will be looking for. Use the keywords that were used in the job description.
- Spend a lot of time working on a catchy objective statement. Try and make it as short as possible.